Dietitian Basics Workshop
Dietitian Basics Workshop
Eating Disorder Training and Evaluation Centre (EDTEC)
About this event
This workshop is designed as an introduction to understanding, identifying and assessing, and managing eating disorders in dietetic practice.
Participants will learn how to communicate effectively with clients in the context of potential ambivalence about engaging in treatment and denial of symptoms common in this group.
Case-based discussion will explore screening and comprehensive assessment of eating disorders. There will be a focus on nutritional and medical risk issues of starvation and binge/purge behaviours, and their safe management.
Objectives: By the end of this workshop, you will be able to
- outline the clinical features of eating disorders
- describe the use of screening tools consistent with evidence-based guidelines and identify at risk individuals and groups
- describe in detail dietetic assessment for eating disorders including a person’s dieting behaviours/ food choices and their background, meal preparation and set up, compensatory behaviours including excessive/ compulsive exercise, disordered use of insulin and inappropriate use of other medications or supplements, measuring/weighing behaviours, and other aspects
- use data to identify the associated physical risks and psychiatric complications of ED behaviours, including consequences of under-nutrition, starvation and compensatory behaviours
- describe the management of malnutrition across varying levels of severity and the appropriate treatment setting (inpatient/outpatient) considering medical and psychological risk, refeeding syndrome, gastro-intestinal concerns and nutritional requirements
- identify professional and personal boundaries appropriate to one’s level of experience, work setting and own personal triggers, describe ways to manage these
PACE support group for Binge Eating - SOUTH AUSTRALIA
As a precaution against the COVID-19 virus, PACE has made...Read more
Specialist Supportive Clinical Management of Anorexia Nervosa
Specialist Supportive Clinical Management (SSCM) is one the three recommended...Read more
RENEW: ‘Supporting family cohesion’ with Jess Ryan - Clinical Psychologist & Family Therapist
RENEW in response to the needs of long term carers,...Read more
Cognitive Behavioural Guided Self-Help (CBT-GSH)
Helping clients overcome Bulimia, Binge Eating & Sub-clinical Disordered Eating:...Read more
Management & Psychological Treatment of Eating Disorders - ADELAIDE
This three-day workshop presented by ANZAED is focused on adults...Read more
Management & Psychological Treatment of Eating Disorders - NEWCASTLE
This three-day workshop is focused on adults with severe and complex...Read more
Management & Psychological Treatment of Eating Disorders - BRISBANE
ANZAED in collaboration with QuEDS, are delivering a three-day workshop...Read more
Temperament-Based Therapy with Supports (TBT-S): The Body & the brain: New Insights into the role of Interoception in Eating Disorders & their Treatment
At this webinar, to be held on Thursday, August 20,...Read more
Give us feedback!
We will continue throughout 2020 to update and improve the NEDC website and welcome any feedback you may have on the site.Provide feedback